So what have we been doing for the last 2+ months? Rebuilding Dread from the ground up. What does that mean?
- New engine that is more powerful, efficient, and portable to other operating systems (Mac, Ubuntu, and possibly even mobile platforms).
- Multi-player (co-op and vs) modes that take full advantage of the engine and level editor. Create your ideal DeathMatch arena, wade through hundreds of enemies with your friends, or play a deadly version of hide and go seek.
- New graphics that make the old ones look like the slapped together in MSPaint hackjobs that... well... they were.
- New enemies and NPCs with powerful, customizable AI. Dread is no longer just a run and gunner unless you want it to be.
- Tons of environmental objects to help bring the world to life.
- Optional destroyable environments. Including walls.
- Non-rotational camera option for those of you prone to motion sickness.
- Completely redesigned level editor that is drastically more intuitive and will allow you to bring your ideas to life faster, easier, and better than ever.
This is the Dread I wanted it to be, and I can't wait to share it with you!
In the meantime...
Enjoy this fun new level for the existing version 1.3.5a of Dread, called Casa-Mal by Jake Saul.