- Doors will only open / close when you use them
- Ammo will no longer be unlimited
- You will be able to melee enemies to knock them back
- Ammo pickups
- Embiggened (which is totally a word) viewable area around the player
- Quick look left and right
- Enemies will no longer simply drain health on contact, but take a chunk out every time they attack
- Enemy health will be lowered
With the new update, there's going to be some rebalancing necessary as the game transitions into a more realistic gameplay style. This also means that the current levels will need some reworking to include the ammo pickups.
I'm also prototyping a new "greyed out" system that will show areas that you have explored instead of it just being all black. It won't be in this update, but it is coming. It's a tricky thing, as the old rouge / RTS fog methods don't work with this type of view. I'm inventing a whole new method that, as long as it works, will be very cool to see in action!