Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Dread Reborn!

Hello everyone! I'm happy to announce that I have finally resumed work on Dread.

I have some good news and some bad news. The bad news is, the existing version of Dread will be the last version of what you currently know Dread to be.

The good news is, I have taken all of your feedback under consideration and am rebuilding Dread to be from a fixed Isometric perspective!

There are so many advantages to an isometric perspective as far as gameplay, visuals, environmental detail, story, etc is concerned. It's looking great so far, but it's still a ways from playable or even screenshotable (that's totally a word).

Other than the modifications to gameplay that I was already planning, the core idea of the game will remain the same. Which means that I should be able to make a level converter that will take levels made with the current top-down Dread and make them compatible with the new isometric Dread! So if you've made, or are currently making a really cool level, don't worry. Your efforts will not be in vain!

2 comments: